Message from Norfolk County Council:
Transport for Norwich: Eaton project update – overnight resurfacing work
Start: Monday 13 August
Expected completion: Friday 31 August
Expected overall scheme completion: Friday 31 August
Details of Work:
- As advertised on the previous information notice, resurfacing work in Eaton will be taking place as part of the current project.
- Carriageway resurfacing of Eaton Village centre, including the Eaton Street crossroads and its approaches will take place overnight between the above dates.
- This will also include construction of two speed tables at new crossing points.
- As part of this phase, there will be some noisy work – an 11pm cut-off will be in place for this and it is not expected to continue beyond the first week of the closure.
- The crossroads will be closed overnight, between the dates above, from 7pm to 7am.
- Diversion signs will direct drivers to alternative routes and to access the area.
- Access to Church Lane will be maintained at all times.
- Access for residents and pedestrians will be maintained at all times.
- During the daytime, traffic management will continue as before while construction of the rest of the scheme takes place.
- The closure of the slip road is due to remain in place, as advertised, until Wednesday 29 August, although we will reopen it sooner if possible.
Several elements of essential maintenance have been incorporated into this project to reduce the need for additional work and further temporary traffic management in the future. We apologise for the inconvenience caused and would like to thank all those affected for their patience during this time.
- Paul Groom, Norfolk County Council Resident Engineer on 0344 800 8020
- Contractor: Tarmac