The Highway Rangers are coming to Cringleford soon.
If you have any work you would like added to the list (see typical items below) please e-mail the parish clerk on email@example.com by 29 September 2016.
Typical Items they do:
- Side out a carriageway or footway (overgrown grass/weeds or soil encroachment)
- Strim grass verges
- Clear verge grips
- Rod and flush drains
- Clean out drainage gullies
- Clean out drainage chambers
- Rod and flush kerb drainage off lets
- Wash signs, bollards or reflector posts
- Minor sign/post repairs (such as straightening and reattaching)
- Repair minor kerb defects
- Clear small areas of mud and soil from the carriageway.
- Soil and seed verges
Typical Items they don’t do:
- Repair carriageway / footway surface defects (such as potholes/ cracking), these should be raised with the Highways Dept when noticed as these are repaired by separate gangs.
- Clear ditches (in private ownership)
- Trim hedges (in private ownership)
- Street Name Plates ie “High St” (these are the responsibility of the District Council)
- Clear large areas of mud and soil from the carriageway, (District Council is the Street Cleaning Authority)
- Clear build up of leaves from footway /carriageway, (District Council is the Street Cleaning Authority)
- Rubbish/ litter pick (this is the responsibility of the District Council)