Information from Norfolk County Council:
Notice of Road Closure / Construction works – Roundhouse Way, Cringleford bus interchange
Start: Monday 18 February 2019
Expected completion: Late May 2019
Details of work
- Construction of a new bus interchange, including two bus stops, on the land next to Roundhouse Way, where it meets the A11 Newmarket Road roundabout.
- Construction of a bus-only road to access the interchange.
- Lighting, seating, waiting shelters and travel information.
- New cycleway, pedestrian access and landscaping.
Reasons for work
- Bus services from the A11 and A47 currently go into the city centre where passengers change for services back to the hospital, UEA, Norwich Research Park and residential areas. The new interchange will enable people to pick up connecting services directly to these destinations avoiding the need to travel into the city.
- Better public transport connections will reduce journey times and distance for passengers and improve links between residential areas and employment centres.
- Most of the construction work will take place away from the main road and not impact directly on the road network.
- The first Roundhouse Way roundabout off the A11 will be reduced to one lane on the immediate approach to allow the contractor to access the site.
- Sunday 31 March and Sunday 28 April, 7am to 7pm: Roundhouse Way will be closed between the exit off the A11 roundabout and the first roundabout. This is for resurfacing to take place. The second date will only be included if works remain to be completed following the first closure. Updates and diversion routes will be available on the webpage above.
- c.£500,000 – (£50K local developer contributions and £450K from New Anglia Local Enterprise Partnership’s Local Growth Fund)
- Norfolk County Council: Tim Vincent, Project Engineer and Tim Ellis, Resident Engineer, 0344 800 8020
- Email: email@example.com