COMMUNITY CONNECTORS AND SOCIAL PRESCRIBING
Community Connectors cover the whole of South Norfolk.
If there is something that is troubling you, contact a Community Connector who can help you to start getting things back on track.
Community Connectors can help you to:
- Be part of your community
- Have positive relationships
- Gain skills and feel confident
- Have a warm and safe home
- Be free from money worries.
Community Connectors can also put you in touch with activities and groups in your area or support you to start your own project, group or event.
Community Connectors are working from all GP surgeries across South Norfolk delivering social prescribing. This is a non-medical solution to social, emotional and practical issues that may be causing health problems, or making them worse.
Your local Community Connector is Barbara Howard and she is available for social prescribing appointments every Wednesday afternoon from 1 pm at Cringleford Surgery.
Phone: 07890 599514
What is social prescribing?
Social prescribing is a non-medical solution to social, emotional or practical issues that may be causing health problems, or making them worse.
It’s a way to access extra services and support, through a GP, nurse or health care professional, to improve your health and wellbeing.
Benefits to you
- Social prescribing can lead to many positive outcomes, including:
- Helping you feel healthier and happier
- Getting you involved with your local community
- Linking you with new friends and like-minded individuals
- Helping you back into work or accessing training and education
- Helping you manage financial problems