Cringleford Parish Council is looking to co-opt a new parish councillor to fill a vacancy.
This is an exciting time to join us – as the Parish grows with three new developments we have several large and interesting forthcoming projects on the go that will shape the parish for years to come, including improving recreational facilities, working on road safety, and building a new sports hall. We would love to hear from you if you fit the following criteria and would like to make a real difference in your community. Please contact the parish clerk on firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on how to apply.
You should consider becoming a parish or town councillor if:
- You would like to do something positive for your community
- You would like to spend your time productively
- You can think, listen and act locally
To become a councillor, you must satisfy the following criteria on the day you are co-opted:
- be at least 18 years of age
- be a British citizen, a qualifying citizen of a Commonwealth country, a citizen of the Irish Republic, or a citizen of another member state of the European Union
You must also meet at least one of the four following qualifications on the day you are co-opted:
- be registered as a local government elector for the local authority area in which you are standing
- have occupied as an owner or a tenant any land or premises in the local authority area in which you are standing during the whole of the 12 months before the day you are nominated
- have had your main or only place of work during the last 12 months in the local authority area in which you are standing
- have lived in the local authority area in which you are standing during the whole of the last 12 months